The dresser drawer mixup (see here) from last weekend is finally fixed. I still have some more exciting plans for this dresser, but for now, it is done. Not bad for a $23 dresser huh? ($15 for the dresser and $8 for the paint, I had the rest of the materials already).
I have been on the lookout for one of these large dressers for a while. We had a small 4 drawer dresser before... and it just wasn't enough. They go quickly, so if you find a deal like I did for $15 you better snatch it up quick!
This dresser was such a find. I got it for $15 on Craigslist. It has 9 drawers, great hardware, beautiful molding, and needed a lot of love.
I used my hand sander where I could, but there was no way I could hand sand the 6 drawers with molding and the 2 doors. Thats where my Liquid Sander comes in handy! I love that stuff.
You might have seen before how I did the quote on the drawers. Here it is again, just remember to make sure you know the order of the drawers before you start!
The drawers were lined with awful paper, I was glad it came out easily. I am going to do a bit of my own lining once I find the right liner.
The dresser turned out pretty nice. I have plans to turn it freaking bomb-diggity. But for now it is nice, and we are loving the extra space for our clothes. It is nice to have a little "pick-me-up / reminding" quote to surprise you in the mornings as well.
Total Cost: $23