I got this dresser last Summer, and have just barely gotten pulls on it. This dresser is one our favorite. It turned out so well. And the whole thing cost about $60, since I used stain I already had from my TV stand, and I always have myself some Polycrylic around.
Here's what it looked like when I picked it up for $20.
It took a good chunk of time to sand the whole thing down good enough to stain. Most of a Saturday was spent making sure not one little piece of stain was left. I had to do a lot by hand, since my hand sander isn't friendly to curves.
And here is the dresser now. Just plain beautiful.