Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The King's Throne

The standard of living rose at our house this week. We've lived with this toilet seat that 1. has a gnarly gash on the top and 2. the seat wouldn't stay up. Not like it's my problem... but I do love my husband and felt bad for him when he had to hold the seat up. We eventually discovered that if we shoved back the tank lid far enough the seat would stay up on its own. I know bad huh?
So I found the trick to get a new toilet seat. Use your current one as a stepping stool. I may have or may have not, broken the seat hinge while trying to drill into the ceiling...

 
My handy-dandy husband not only took off the old seat, installed the new one, but also cleaned the toilet while he was at it.
 
And all the anticipation paid off. The toilet seat now stays up all on its very own. Chris is so happy.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your adventures in your home,throne included. Thanks for posting/sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete